The Well-Architected Review is a consistent and thorough process of identifying gaps in an architecture when compared to the AWS Well-Architected Framework. During a Well-Architected Review, Anexinet’s AWS Certified Solution Architects guide you through the Well-Architected Framework to evaluate one of your workloads through a set of interactive discussions and data collection. The process looks at business and technical issues and should include stakeholders from both areas.
During the discussion, you’ll receive immediate feedback on issues of major concern, such as unused resources or resources that not adequately protected. Following the review, you will receive a written reporting detailing our findings across each pillar along with a set of recommendations for remediation. Findings will be prioritized based on risk, cost savings, along with effort and cost to remediate
The operational excellence pillar focuses on running and monitoring systems to deliver value, and continually improving processes and procedures. Key topics include managing and automating changes, responding to events, and defining standards to successfully manage operations.
The security pillar focuses on protecting information & systems. Key topics include confidentiality and integrity of data, identifying and managing who can do what with privilege management, protecting systems, and establishing controls to detect security events.
The reliability pillar focuses on the ability to prevent, and quickly recover from failures to meet business and customer demand. Key topics include foundational elements around setup, cross project requirements, recovery planning, and how we handle change.
The performance efficiency pillar focuses on using IT and computing resources efficiently. Key topics include selecting the right resource types and sizes based on workload requirements, monitoring performance, and making informed decisions to maintain efficiency as business needs evolve.
Cost Optimization focuses on avoiding un-needed costs. Key topics include understanding and controlling where money is being spent, selecting the most appropriate and right number of resource types, analyzing spend over time, and scaling to meet business needs without overspending.
How It Works
Schedule a date and time for an onsite review
Assume a maximum of a four-hour block
Invite your key stakeholdersInvite your key stakeholders
Business leaders and technical leaders (not all four hours)
• Your Anexinet Solution Architect will arrive 15 minutes early to setup for the session
• The review will be an interactive discussion regarding a critical workload, covering 44 well-architected topics around the five pillars of the framework
• The SA will need read-only access to your AWS environment for additional investigation
What you get
• Immediate feedback on major issues of concern
• Within 3 days, a findings and recommendations report showing how your architecture compares with each of the five pillars of the Well-Architected Framework
• A prioritized list of remediations around each pillar based on risk and effort involved
• An estimate of the costs should you decide to have Anexinet assist with the remediation
As an authorized Well-Architected Review partner, AWS provides an incentive worth up to $5,000 in AWS credit, per workload review, if remediation work begins within 30 days of the review.